Menu
wilesy123
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent WiFi Connection on Superhub 2

Wired connections are fine, Alexa's stopped working randomly, have to do a reset every time. Then my nest thermostat couldn't connect.

I was sold homeworks and told i would be able to get a new router sent out, but no idea how to get hold of anyone, usual poor service from virgin. I Have a SuperHub 2 and was told they don't usually last that long (6 Years). So i was duped into buying homeworks so i could get a new superhub 3 and hopefully stop these problems. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent WiFi Connection on Superhub 2

The best way of getting the free Hub upgrade is to call in and report it as faulty. They are not doing the upgrades just now unless there is a known fault.

That said the SH2 and Hub3 wifi isnt great. Lots of us on here put the Hubs (I have the SH2) into modem mode and use our own routers and wireless equpment in order to provide the perfect wifi environment for our needs

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent WiFi Connection on Superhub 2

Hello @wilesy123.

Welcome to our community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with this.

Are you needing further help with this? I can see you mentioned that you have a new Hub 3 coming?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos