Menu
JamieF
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent WIFI issue on only one device

I have intermittent WIFI on one device but not on others. The issue is that roughly every ten minutes the computer tells me that it is connected to the Hub 3 but that the Hub 3 is not connected to the internet, and then I cannot reconnect while my other devices are still perfectly connected. Another symptom I have noticed is that I am getting some quite horrendous ping spikes.

There seems to be no issue when I am connected via ethernet cable but I don't want to have to run an ethernet cable all the way through my house. 

When reading through other community posts I have seen that renaming the 2.4G and 5G connections can sometimes work so I am currently reviewing whether or not this fix has worked. If anyone has any other advice that would be appreciated. I would really like a stable enough connection to work from home without having to run an ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent WIFI issue on only one device

Try separating the bands and see if it helps - you can just reset it if iit doesnt.

Or, assuming your wired connections are all ok, then getting your own wireless equipment will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either.....

(1) A Mesh System, (2) A Wireless router, (3) A Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos