cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Loss of connection max wired speed 40mbps, for 600mpbs broadband.

Spurs986
Joining in

Hi

I've been having ongoing issues since March, we had an engineer come round and he said it was fine inside, and then said connection into box is slow, so arranged an additional engineer to come round to repair. at the time I was getting maybe half my max speed but disconnected once a day (weirdly around same time) and having poor tv signal on HD / or catch-up.

Since the engineer came round on 8th June , its gone so much worse, I get max 40mbps and get drop out around 5 or 6 times a day minimum. I am having to consider going back into work as its affecting day to day calls etc. 

They are sending round someone tomorrow but my fear is they wont fix the issue with street connection tomorrow, and Ill have to wait EVEN more time to get it fixed. I really dont know why they wont get someone to investigate street at same time. How can I flag this up and raise this? I really need it fixed. Whole house is wired and I've checked connection for coax cables etc 

Has any one tried cityfibre? really tempted to move if they cant fix this and any amount of "credit" isn't going to cut it if I have to pay £30 to get into London every day again.

Also it meant i had to watch england game on SD instead of HD which really angered me.

1 REPLY 1

tecdude
On our wavelength

The speed is may be a neighbourhood traffic issue, however if you contact Virgin, you might be able to get an upgrade/discount.