Menu
m1ms88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Jitters, buffering and dropouts please help

Good Evening 

So for the past 3 - 4 weeks i have been experiencing jitters, buffering and dropouts, and whilst i run speed test and it reports back the correct download and upload spee.

I experience these issues especially when Gaming(Jitters / Rubber-banding), Streaming Media (buffering) and rare but complete dropouts. these do tend to occur during busy periods which has lead me to believe the it’s just the local VM node being overwhelmed.

i have currently done the following troubleshooting, I have changed coaxial cable, replaced all RJ45 network cables, rebooted the super hub and reset to factory defaults.

I have also ran the hub in modem mode and tested whilst only connected only to 1 pc.

The last test I have done is run modem in modem mode and use an additional router which helped a little.

Kind Regards 

Simon (M1Ms88)

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Jitters, buffering and dropouts please help

@m1ms88 wrote:

i have currently done the following troubleshooting, I have changed coaxial cable, replaced all RJ45 network cables, rebooted the super hub and reset to factory defaults.

hopefully, the coax you used as a replacement was provided by VM - 3rd party coax isn't supported by VM and can introduce noise into the network and impact not just you but other people in your area..

anyways, it sounds like you've done a decent set of tests.. so next steps are to:

set up a BQM to see how your connection looks from the outside.. 

post your router stats - browse to http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status. Copy/paste the information from Upstream, Downstream and Network Log back to this thread, you'll need to split it across multiple posts as it won't all fit into one.. 

0 Kudos
m1ms88
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

6813D509-A6E8-4415-9020-1AB8B75AB78A.jpeg

The Coax was provided by VM when we upgraded I was given a new modem Super Hub 3 and new coax which I didn’t use at the time. 

please find attached my downstream, upstream and network log 

675A54BA-53CF-4AA8-A4A7-0E42180C35FC.jpeg

3ADE4FBC-4802-4AFD-B522-22EE137A5FCA.jpeg

  

I will install the monitor later on this evening if possible 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

it's easier to use copy/paste rather than screenshots as a) it will capture all of the data (there's only half a page of the downstream in your screenshot) and b) it will remove any information that you're not supposed to post from the network log (e.g. MAC address..)

0 Kudos