Menu
UnhappyVMUSER
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet in North London since the 4th anyone else having this issue

Had internet cutting out a few times an hour since the 4th, I was told there was a fault which would be fixed by the 9th, then on the 9th that it would be fixed on the 21st, is there a fault or are VM doing some work, as initially the connection would stabilise between 8pm - 8am then crap out again for the next 12hrs, this has escalated to cutting out all the time in the last few days, either way frustrated and now want out, what have others done to resolve this issue ?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet in North London since the 4th anyone else having this issue

Hi UnhappyVMUSER,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We are very sorry for all the disruption caused due to the ongoing area fault. 

Unfortunately some faults are more complex that originally anticipated and will take longer to fix than initially thought. We appreciate the inconvenience and frustration this causes, but rest assured our engineers will be working as quickly as possible to get these issues fixed.

As its been a short while since you last posted, how have things been over the weekend? Has anything improved or are you still having regular cut outs of the internet? 

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
UnhappyVMUSER
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet in North London since the 4th anyone else having this issue

still not working, I take on board some problems are more complex, but you dont leave customers high and dry because of it, apologises dont make up for the inconvenience this has caused, and then when I contacted VM about this, they doubled down on it by saying one thing and doing another, I had to ring multiple times to get any clear answers, as there no clear communication of the issue or provision to support customers if its going to take over 2 weeks to fix the problem
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We appreciate this feedback UnhappyVMUSER and we fully understand your frustration.

Unfortunately when a fault occurs we are not made aware of what the exact cause of this issue is. As this could be a number of things, for example it may be a network issue a damaged cable, congestion or something entirely different. We are just made aware that there is an issue and we are working to get this fixed as quickly as possible. 

We do apologise if you feel that we are not communicating enough with you and this is something we will feed back to the team to see if this process will change.

Once again apologise for this fault and the way it has affected you. If you are still having issues after the estimated fix date of the 21st, please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
UnhappyVMUSER
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I don't think I'll be back found another ISP cheaper and quicker as soon as I'm able I'll be notifying VM of my intent to leave unacceptable lack of service, it's  a shame as I've been a customer for over a decade, but I'll soon out that right

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is disappointing to hear UnhappyVMUSER, however we completely understand your reasons.

If you wish to cancel the services with us you will need to contact our cancellation team on 150/0345 454 1111, option 1,4 then 4 again.

Alternatively you can message us on 0753 305 1809. Unfortunately we are unable to process cancellation orders through our community forums. We do not take it lightly that you wish to cancel due to the lack of customer service received and that you have had an ongoing fault which is taking longer to resolve than anticipated, however once again we respect your wishes.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos