Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet cuts and Engineer appointment issues via chat

Hi,

I am writing here as a last resort.

I have been experiencing Internet cuts every evening for 2 weeks, it is now also cutting during working hours. 
. Tried contacting by phone, no call centre since COVID.
. Tried using Online tool to check, it returns Something went wrong and I can't report.
. Tried the chat.

Now the chat have consistently been putting me on up to 24h waiting list due to high demand. The main problem is that I have Internet cuts as the main issue. So even when they finally reply, as soon as I get cut, they put me back in queue. Just right now, the Agent was organising the engineer appointment and it cut for 6 min, and he put me back in queue, despite several times telling him that if I get disconnected, not to hang the chat for inactivity.

I have been trying for days to organise this appointment as it always ended up with requeuing. The issue has been analysed already by the team that issue is most likely from the line outside the house, and the engineer will come to fix it.

My only request is to have someone from Virgin organise this appointment. The Agent was telling me it would be for Thursday 12.11.2020 before it cut and I was sent again to 24h queue. At this point I don't even have the strength to complain about this unproductive and insulting process for the customer. I just want to engineer to be booked as promised.

Please understand after hours being forced to stay in front of the screen, just so I won't miss the small timeframe in which we must reply before being put back in queue, and when I finally get it, I have to repeat again the whole story as they don't keep logs, and then internet cuts, and I m put back in queue. Now repeat this about 10 times over the last week. I just cannot do more.

Thanks
Regards,
J

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet cuts and Engineer appointment issues via chat

Have you checked your online account to see if the booking on the 12th was made?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HRe: Intermittent Internet cuts and Engineer appointment issues via chat

Hi, 

Thanks for quick reply, it looks like I should have tried the forum before.

I checked on the online application and no appointment is booked, the Agent was asking me AM or PM before it cut.

Boppanna
 at 17:48, Nov 9:

Thank you for your patience and for keeping chat active.

I have a slot for you on 12.11 between 12-4 pm and 4-7 pm.
Can I know, which would you prefer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HRe: Intermittent Internet cuts and Engineer appointment issues via chat

Oh. Then no it won’t be booked then.

Response times here from the forum team can be around 5-7 days.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JCOne,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I am having difficulty finding your account from your profile. 

Do you still require an engineer appointment to be booked in? If so please let us know so we can arranged this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
An engineer came today and fixed the issue, I had full speed today.
It seems my connection was still on previous speed 70 (hence the 45 actual I was seeing even during daytime) but it's now 100 (and actual at 100 even this evening).
Quite satisfied with the result so far, but I would like to ask for the refund as it has been between 0 and 45 for weeks, and with no way to report it (since the online tool was saying Something went wrong) I would like to know the process.
I was told on the chat that the engineer would confirm it, the engineer said he could only confirm the issue, so again I'd like to know what the process is to get refunded from 24.10.2020 (I won't even chase for speed at 45 before, which was under minimum 54).

Thanks
Regards,
J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@JCOne wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
An engineer came today and fixed the issue, I had full speed today.
It seems my connection was still on previous speed 70 (hence the 45 actual I was seeing even during daytime) but it's now 100 (and actual at 100 even this evening).
Quite satisfied with the result so far, but I would like to ask for the refund as it has been between 0 and 45 for weeks, and with no way to report it (since the online tool was saying Something went wrong) I would like to know the process.
I was told on the chat that the engineer would confirm it, the engineer said he could only confirm the issue, so again I'd like to know what the process is to get refunded from 24.10.2020 (I won't even chase for speed at 45 before, which was under minimum 54).

Thanks
Regards,
J

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

carl_pearce,
The link is not helping, as clarified in the post you have quoted.

As mentioned, since the online tool was not working, I could not report. And after unproductive communication with chats where they were telling me to use the online tool, reassuring me that it would work, I was finally told the engineer would validate it, who in turn mentioned he would confirm the issue itself. Again I would like confirmation of the process from there.

Thanks
Regards
J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@JCOne wrote:

carl_pearce,
The link is not helping, as clarified in the post you have quoted.

As mentioned, since the online tool was not working, I could not report. And after unproductive communication with chats where they were telling me to use the online tool, reassuring me that it would work, I was finally told the engineer would validate it, who in turn mentioned he would confirm the issue itself. Again I would like confirmation of the process from there.

Thanks
Regards
J

'Automatic' if you are entitled to it. Pretty clear-cut.

0 Kudos