Menu
chandnikaria
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet connection

Hi there, 

I have recently upgraded my broadband to 200mbps. And since the upgrade i'm facing slow connection, frequently keeps dropping, intermittent connections. 

This is happening a lot over the last few days. I have rebooted numerous times, reset everything you'd think of whilst trouble shooting. 

I can't get through customer services over the phone - it just says we're too busy and i'm really running out of patience and this is impacting my work from home activities significantly. 

Can someone help me please?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet connection

Was it all ok before the upgrade?

Did you get a new Hub with the upgrade? What Hub do you have?

Are your network drops happening on ethernet cable connected devices at the same time as wifi ones?

On what device(s) are you seeing these issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
chandnikaria
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was fine before the upgrade. some issues here and there but not as often 

No with the upgrade i didn't receive a new hub. I have hub3.0 atm

All devices, Mac, iphone, tv everything.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@chandnikaria wrote:

All devices, Mac, iphone, tv everything.

When connected by ethernet cable or only when on wifi?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
chandnikaria
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

both

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try this first and see if it helps.

First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes

Then do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that stabilises everything and report back later

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos