cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet & TV

TaylorA17
On our wavelength

Hello,

Having exhausted various VM social media channels, they recommended that other users may have suggestions. 

We've had persistent intermittent Internet issues (WiFi and ethernet) over the last 9 months. When these occur the Internet drops out, when it is stable enough to connect the download speed can be as low as 3 mb but the diagnostic checkers VM recommend you try show no issues.

We had an an engineer visit 3 weeks ago, who confirmed all OK in property, and that we'd had over 1000 dropouts that month and over 200 in the last week. They confirmed that it must be somewhere on the network in the street, but we've heard nothing further and the problem persists. 

When it drops out it also impacts the TV, so much that it jumps and jolts (basically like its buffering, like the internet days of dial up). Our neighbours have confirmed identical issues.

Please could anyone advise if they've had similar issues and how they got them fixed/resolved. 

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Sounds like a local cabinet issue if it's affecting the street. 

Providing a copy of your Hub’s power levels and network log will make it easier to spot any potential problems.
To get this info, simply:

Use your browser to navigate to 192.168.0.1 (Modem Mode users will need to go to 192.168.100.1)
Superhub and Superhub 2/AC will find “Router Status” in the right hand corner. Click this to access your hub stats. Hub 3 users will find “Check Router Status” below the log in screen to access this information.
Copy and paste your Downstream, Upstream and Network log into your post.

Please also set up a BQM here.

For purposes of this forum thread it appears your related Twitter thread is here. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Sounds like a local cabinet issue if it's affecting the street. 

Providing a copy of your Hub’s power levels and network log will make it easier to spot any potential problems.
To get this info, simply:

Use your browser to navigate to 192.168.0.1 (Modem Mode users will need to go to 192.168.100.1)
Superhub and Superhub 2/AC will find “Router Status” in the right hand corner. Click this to access your hub stats. Hub 3 users will find “Check Router Status” below the log in screen to access this information.
Copy and paste your Downstream, Upstream and Network log into your post.

Please also set up a BQM here.

For purposes of this forum thread it appears your related Twitter thread is here. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Getting your modem stats & a BQM is absolutely the way to go.

Also making sure every affected user is reporting this - will also help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful response.

As far as I can tell I've navigated into the settings and found the logs you mention, will add them to the thread.

I've also setup a BQM.

They are also sending an engineer out again tomorrow, hopefully they might have some joy detecting something on the box.

Is there anything I should be asking of them or sharing with them?

Thanks again for your time and help

TaylorA17
On our wavelength

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I will get other neighbours to do the same logs as above and report too.

Thank you

Screenshot_20230604_232000_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230604_232009_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230604_232017_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230604_232028_Chrome.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you copy & paste the logs, rather than adding them as screenshots.

They're a lot easier to read that way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks