Menu
Blue_Fusion
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet & Slow Download EN5

Hi,

For the past two weeks we've had a very intermittent internet connection. When it is connected, the download speeds vary wildly from the speed we should be getting (we're on the M100 package) down to 1mb/s. However, there are periods where we just don't have an internet connection.

We've called the helpline 03454541111 and following the curt automated message, the text message sent with service status link has confirmed that there is an intermittent issue in our area. However, when logging into our VM account and checking the service status page, it says there are no issues! This hasn't changed for two weeks.

This issue is making working from home a nightmare.

Can someone please help, confirm what the issue is in our area (EN5 5NP) and how long the fix is expected to take?

Or if there is an issue with our VM hardware, can you advise how to go about getting this repaired as the helpline is not particularly helpful.

We use a Hub 3 as a modem and use a TP-Link Archer A7 as our WiFi router.

Thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet & Slow Download EN5

The automated service line (0800 561 0061) should give you information about any incidents that are affecting your broadband down to a postcode level.. it's unlikely to give you a fix time, but worth checking it nevertheless.. if it says that there are no issues, then you can pull some logs/information from your hub to start diagnosing where the issue is..  

0 Kudos
Blue_Fusion
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet & Slow Download EN5

Thanks tehwolf.

The number provided does not mention anything specific in my area but when using the online post code specific service status tool it says there are issues in my area but engineers are on the case. Nothing has changed on that front for two weeks.

Screenshot_20210213-084040.png

I'm going to see if I can get through and speak to a person rather than get directed to use the online tools.

I'll try checking the service logs, thanks for advice.

0 Kudos