Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet Connection

Hiya, hoping someone can shed some light as phoned Virgin Media and no fault can be found and nothing can be sorted.

Every device in the house runs perfect except my ps4, not all the time but somedays are worse than others but my Internet drops off and kicks me out of any online session I'm in, if I do an Internet connection test on my ps4 it all works again but heres the strange bit. I only have to wait on the test screen until its says succeeded on finding an ip address, I can back out then and connect back to online services. It can do this every 10 mins or every 1hr but does it everytime and its only my ps4 that drops out.

I'm connected via WiFi due to Hub being in the hallway to apparently make sure I get signal threw my whole house.

I have changed channels on the hub, I have connected to 2.4ghz instead of 5g and I rebooted/reset ps4 and rebuilt the database but nothing seems to work. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet Connection

It's a pain in the neck, and really shouldn't be necessary, but you could try to separate your 2.4g and 5g networks and connect your ps4 to the 2.4g band.. it will mean reconfiguring everything else too though (all other devices that access the wifi will need to be added to one of the two new networks you create). 

see if that stabilises it.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its already separate, the chap who installed it all done it, its better on 5g as speed is faster but still does it whether its on 5g or 2.4hz

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Shaine415 wrote:

Its already separate, the chap who installed it all done it, its better on 5g as speed is faster but still does it whether its on 5g or 2.4hz

You could try giving your PS4 a static IP (High in the range like 192.168.0.200):

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/ 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will try that tomorrow see if that works, its just strange as its only my ps4 that does it.

0 Kudos