Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Ethernet connection on super hub 2

Hi Virgin support, 

I've been going in circles, trying to call, resetting the hub - no luck 

I work from home and my ethernet connection is dropping throughout my work day which is a real problem - Im trying to order a new hub, since resetting the old one doesn't work (im at it for almost two weeks, pressing the reset button at the back many times) - Wifi is disconnecting as well throughout the day - I've tried to order a hub 4 but with no success - Can you help please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Ethernet connection on super hub 2

Do the lights on the hub change when the connection drops?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As Mike says - are you sure its isn't a network connection issue? Have you called in to report the fault and see what they say when they look at your connection?

Re. a "new" Hub - did you try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below?

You are likely to get a Hub3 - Hub4's are for GB customers only - or by invitation from VM in areas that are enabled to use docsis3.1

If you tried the link and got Oopsed, it usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - im not sure I'll have a look next time it does happen - 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply - really appreciated the answer and the tips - I have called but since waiting time was very long I didn't go through with the call - 

0 Kudos