cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection

clarki100
Joining in

I have an ongoing problem which results in some days where my connection is completely unreliable.  (see bqm below).  During these days I can't reliably use streaming media or anything that relies on a stable connection.  I have a hub 3.0 in modem mode.  I can have weeks where the connection is fine, with almost no loss, then several days with this type of fault.

Virgin have sent out engineers twice and changed cables etc, it looks like a network conflict to me. 

clarki100_0-1658179589007.png

13 REPLIES 13

is it a Deco E4 ?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there @clarki100

Thank you so much for your post to our community forums and welcome back to the forums! 

I know you mentioned you spoke with an engineer, when they tested the line was in it router mode? 

Are you able to switch this to router mode now so we can look into this further with you?

Thank you.  

Hi,

Thanks for the help.  I looks like the cause was a damaged cable connected to the switch!  The breakthrough for me was when you explained that the BQM could still be impacted by connection on the home side when in modem mode.  I had assumed that the ping would terminate at the hub regardless.

All seems stable now, but will keep my eye on it for a few weeks.

Cheers

Hi clarki100,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear the issues has been resolved now as it was caused by a faulty cable, apologies again for any inconvenience caused, if you have any further issues, p[lease do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.