Menu
Owenrogboo07
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Connection and Blackspots

I have had the m500 bundle for just over a month, downstairs connections are fine, but I am getting multiple blackspots upstairs. I am no more than 10/15 m from the hub at any stage, I have run the scans on the app and it says connected but have no connection, sometimes it says no service... I need help. Also the connection to the 2nd tv box via WiFi is awful and can barely stream consistently!! Please help....

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection and Blackspots

when you're near the hub does everything work ok?  Have you done any testing with a device that is directly cabled into the hub? 

Just want to make sure that it's just wifi range/signal that's a problem, and not anything with the underlying connection.. if it is just wifi then you have a couple of options.. 

1. refine the wifi broadcasts from the hub and hope that it improves things

2. buy a new, better, router or mesh system and use the hub in modem mode..

for option 1: log into http://192.168.0.1 and navigate to advanced -> wireless -> smart wifi - tick the box to disable channel optimisation and save. then navigate to advanced -> wireless and rename the two networks in there - you could just append _2 and _5 - click apply and restart the hub.. you will now see two wifi networks - connect devices to these networks.

5ghz is usually a lot faster but has a shorter range, so if your device shows that as an option, use it, but be mindful of range.. 

0 Kudos
Owenrogboo07
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s just the WiFi! If I’m cable connected no problems....

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Owenrogboo07 wrote:

Yes it’s just the WiFi! If I’m cable connected no problems....

in which case your options are as above 😉 

either try refining the wifi signal with the hub (no-cost option) or buy yourself a router/mesh system that better meets you needs.

0 Kudos