Menu
iriches
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Connection Loss - MK41

I've suffering intermittent connection losses on my VM broadband.

When the connection goes down, one of the lights on the front of the router (the vertical double-headed arrow) changes from blue to green.  Running the VM service status check reveals no problems in my area, and tells me to check the connections to the router and/or try rebooting it.

The connections are all fine.  Rebooting has no effect.

It normally fixes itself in between 1-3 hours. The green light will spontaneously turn blue again, and all will be well.  Until the next time...

As the online page seems to want a 24 hour period of no service, I can't work out how to book an engineer.

Screenshots from the router are shown below.

Any clues on how to get this fixed?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210717-161701.jpgScreenshot_20210717-161643.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection Loss - MK41

Something not right there.

What Hub model is it exactly - printed on the base sticker?

CFan yoiu do a pinhole reset at per below and also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. on known faults and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. See if anything is reported.

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection Loss - MK41

Hi iriches,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have been able to locate your account and have taken a look on our side. 

After running some check our system has advised that we have identified a short term network issue and we are working to resolve this very soon. 

At this point in time we would advise monitoring the connection. 

^Martin

0 Kudos