Menu
Mystrex1979
Tuning in
Message 11 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection Issues - Possibly solved

I think I have solved the issue. Bought a new router and changed Superhub to modem mode, did not help. I have swapped out the cable that runs around the property, seems to have helped.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hello

What cable are you talking about, if this was the Virginmedia coaxial cable then you may have some problems as you would be in breech of the Virginmedia terms and conditions of modifying the cable.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mystrex1979
Tuning in
Message 13 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I didn't change any cable, I removed an isolator from the cable and swapped it out with a F to F connector. Thought the issue was solved, but it seems to be creeping back, I am monitoring it now. I can always put the isolator back if it doesn't help. Doesn't seem that Virgin Media cares anyway, nobody has responded to me via this community or through direct tagging on Facebook or Twitter. I was on hold for over 45 minutes yesterday, found a weblink for webchat on one of their posts to someone they *were* actually responding to. Followed that link, only to be told that the link was specific to the person and I should 'follow normal channels' which I have already done. And if I can change one thing that addresses the issue and prevents an engineer having to come out, surely that's a good thing?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Mystrex1979 wrote:

I didn't change any cable, I removed an isolator from the cable and swapped it out with a F to F connector. Thought the issue was solved, but it seems to be creeping back, I am monitoring it now. I can always put the isolator back if it doesn't help. Doesn't seem that Virgin Media cares anyway, nobody has responded to me via this community or through direct tagging on Facebook or Twitter. I was on hold for over 45 minutes yesterday, found a weblink for webchat on one of their posts to someone they *were* actually responding to. Followed that link, only to be told that the link was specific to the person and I should 'follow normal channels' which I have already done. And if I can change one thing that addresses the issue and prevents an engineer having to come out, surely that's a good thing?

Forum rep response time are around 1 week minimum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Mystrex1979
Tuning in
Message 15 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection Issues - Possibly solved? - Definitely not!

Hi,

When a Virgin representative finally reads this post, please can they contact me to arrange for this to be sorted. My Pre & Post RS numbers a through the roof less than 5 minutes after rebooting the modem.

I have done everything my end that I can think of, and whilst it stabilised for a shiort period, everything has gone up the wall again.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Did you use a VM supplied F to F connector or one from a well known retailer of cheaply made ones 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Mystrex1979 wrote:

Hi,

When a Virgin representative finally reads this post, please can they contact me to arrange for this to be sorted. My Pre & Post RS numbers a through the roof less than 5 minutes after rebooting the modem.

I have done everything my end that I can think of, and whilst it stabilised for a shiort period, everything has gone up the wall again.

Well you changed the connector on the cabling off your own accord..

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Mystrex1979
Tuning in
Message 18 of 26
Flag for a moderator

This is not helpful, I changed the connector in an effort to address any issues in the absence of any help from Virgin. It helped a lot, having stabilised the connection until recently. If you have nothing useful to say, please refrain from commenting

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Well it hasn't, what with the pre and post RS errors.

And who know what noise you've likely introduced onto the line that could go back to the cabinet and affect other customers connections?

0 Kudos
Mystrex1979
Tuning in
Message 20 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Those Pre and Post RS errors were there in the first place, if you care to read the orginal post.
0 Kudos