Menu
Finmental
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Broadband

Since 10th May I have been complaining of.imtermittent broadband, with screenshot of download speeds of 1mbps sometimes. 

Logged a speed complaint. They said I hadn't had 3 consecutive days of less than 54mbps (pay for 100mbps).

Neighbours having the same issue. One rings and gets told there is a problem with text updates about fixing it.

The other gets the same as I do. Ring the service line... get the robot, who says they know I've called before and they are sorry but the problem is more extensive than they thought. Phone goes dead. 

Twitter virgin team of no value. Not getting through to a human. Twitter team advised me to post on here, as agents scan the forums. 

Am reviewing the arbitration as this is ridiculous and I can't work properly without broadband.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent Broadband

Is that through a wifi or wired connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Finmental
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've done both... sometimes I scrape 24mbps if I'm lucky. Never hit 54mbps which I believe is the minimum.

On the chat earlier it says there are no issues, but my neighbour has managed to speak to someone who basically advises there are issues and the exchange is overloaded. There was a specific phrase.

0 Kudos
Finmental
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I  cant upload the pic as its too big. Max wired was 31mbps yesterday. 

0 Kudos
Finmental
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210618-190246_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

 connect app says this.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Finmental,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection, I have looked into your account and can see that there is an SNR fault in your area not congestion as one of your previous post refers to.

You might find that along with your Virgin Fibre, your  Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The current estimated fix time for this is 22nd June at 9am.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos