cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband for over 6 months

HasanAli
Joining in

Hello,

I have been experincing intermittent internet for the past 6+ months. The internet goes down multiple times within the hour every day. I've had multiple Virgin Media technician appointments and they've told me that the issue is an area issue that needs to be fixed at the street cabinet. I've seen multiple appointments being booked and reschdueled to fix the issues at the street cabinet, but nobody has arrived to fix it. Now there isn't any appointments to fix issues at the street cabinet, and I feel as though Virgin Media is just deliberately ignoring the issue.

I honestly want to stay on Virgin Media as I've been a customer for many years, but the lack of effort to fix this issue has been pushing me to start looking elsewhere. I'm hoping that posting the issue here will increase the likelihood of them trying to solve the issue.

13 REPLIES 13

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HasanAli,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been affected by an area issue. I've had a look at things from our side, and there are no problems in the area showing at the moment.
Can you please confirm how things are for you now?

Alex_Rm

Hi,

My broadband connection was fine for the past three weeks, however, the issue has returned beginning yesterday night.

Hey HasanAli, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look at our side and everything is looking great, how has the connection been over the last 48 hours?

Could you also post your BQM here please? Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

The connection has been getting worse over the past few days. The dropouts are occuring hourly. When I do an online service check, its asks me to book a technician, however, there is no point to me doing this as the issue is at the street cabinet and is affecting the area, as a previous technician had informed me before. I've already had plenty of home visits for this issue, and none have been successful at eliminating the problem. I would like an engineer to be booked to check the street cabinet for the issue.

HasanAli
Joining in

Update: It is now going down around every 10 minutes. It stays down for around 2 minutes. 

WorstISP
Up to speed

Hi Hassan,

You shouldn't waste your time trying to help Virgin fix their network. This is an issue they know about, look through the forums and you'll see there's loads of us who are up against a brick wall begging them to fix it, but they are refusing to do so.

They run you through this nonsense of booking engineers and going through support just to aear you down and waste your time hoping you'll just give up and keep paying them.

You need to actually make a complaint to Virgin and OfCom, and look for a new internet provider. Virgin have absolutely no intention of fixing this issue, which is affecting loads of customers across the UK.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @HasanAli,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry this is still ongoing, I can see you have since spoke to our team regarding this, were they able to provide further help in this situation?

Joe

Hi,

I did speak to the team today, but that was just about a billing issue. I did not mention the current issue to them, as I've done this many times before in previous calls, all of which have lead to the issue still persisting. Right now, I'm just hoping the forum team can organise an engineer to come and check the local cabinet for issues, and hope that this can somehow fix the issue. I've currently been looking at alternative broadband providers as I fear fhis issue will not be resolved anytime soon, and I work from home, so having a stable internet connection is important.

Hi HasanAli,

Are you able to post your BWM as Matthew has asked previously?

When checking through the diagnostics  online, is it still advising that a technician visit is needed?

Alex_Rm