Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittant drop outs with wifi and lan

Hi sorry if this has been repeated a lot.  

I've never had an issue with my virgin had it for years but 4 months ago all my WIFI devices started disconnecting and even the WIFI signal was disappearing. I thought it was just an issue that would resolve itself. But still happening now and it's now effecting my streaming (eg Netflix) and my Xbox online connection. On the Lan i still get great speeds but it like drops to the point of where my game sign outs and I will sign back in and it drops out again. Me and my kids phones drops out when watching YouTube or playing a game app. I have ran tests on the hub and i do get low signal strength even if I'm stud in front of the hub3. I followed the guide and rebooted and even re set the hub twice. I've changed the WIFI channels and it effects both channels. I've got the hub directly in the socket and i've plugged the xbox directly to the hub but it still drops. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittant drop outs with wifi and lan

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos