Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermitant wifi Hub.3.0

We've been having issues with Wifi for the last 2 months. We had an engineer come out before and there was a problem in the VM cabinet down the road which did fix the issues for a while. I've logged into the Hub and found the the following? 

Any ideas welcome......

14/02/2020 23:33:12criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/02/2020 12:15:29ErrorDHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
13/02/2020 16:34:12ErrorDHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/02/2020 21:48:40criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermitant wifi Hub.3.0

Are you having the same problems (what actually are they) with a device connected on an ethernet cable directly to the Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell i'm new at this?

No only issues are over wifi. Not connecting, dropping out and generally being slow. We have 100Mbps but have been expericance between 7-29mbps

Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, just to be clear..... does that mean the ethernet connections are working as expected - or that you dont have any so dont know?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have 2 ethernet connections and they work fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK - if that's the case then its just a local wifi issue.

VM like all BB providers only "guarantee" their service over the cable because the wifi connection is so variable depending on things like house construction/layout, interfering electrical appliances, interfering neighbours' networks, Apple iOS upgrades, etc.

You may have to try your own other solutions. Firstly see the pink sticky posts at the top of the forum for tips on improving wifi signal. Then, there are many posts on here that offer solutions to improve the Hub wifi - just scan/search through this forum.

However, ultimately you may be best served by doing what I and a lot of other people on here do, and get your own router and wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos