Menu
Missy80
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intelligent wifi speeds

I recently plugged in my wifi pod and I’m barely getting 10mg speeds. Can I use the pods with the boosters I already have?

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intelligent wifi speeds

@Missy80 wrote:

I recently plugged in my wifi pod and I’m barely getting 10mg speeds. Can I use the pods with the boosters I already have?

The 'Pods' are designed to sit half way between the HUB and the area that requires wireless coverage.

Unlike boosters that use your power line, then 'Boost' the wired connection to wireless, the pods themselves need good coverage from the HUB.

If you've put the pods where your boosters were they won't work effectively.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Missy80 wrote:

Not surprised 🙄

They should work with existing boosters yes. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nathan_B
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Missy80 

Sorry for any confusion here, we would recommend using the boosters and pods separately.

Finding the right location in the home for the pod is a bit of trial and error so if you find after trying different locations in the home means there is no improvement at that point you can revert back to using the boosters.

Thanks

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos