cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent wifi pods not working after Broadband outage

Blue_Eyed_Genie
Joining in

So my services have been running intermittently since, well technically ever since ive been with virgin but it has been acknowledged theres been a slight outage since the 26th May (3 and a half weeks). Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse there was a complete outage. Yes I have phoned customer service constantly to no avail, they keep telling me there's an outage and to wait for it to be fixed. I then got a text in the evening saying all my services were up and running, but they are not. Wifi is still intermittent and the so called intelligent pods are not working at all. This all happened just after 8pm. So I could not call the call centre till this morning and I have been told I will get a call back within 24 hours. (Fingers crossed)

I wouldn't mind so much but I initially phoned to cancel my contract,  but I was told you could fix the wifi problems with these pods and if they did not work, I would have a 14 day cooling off period. But there has been a constant outage for the whole of my cooling off period. I was told this could be extended, but each time I phone I get told different information. So I have no idea if my cooling off period has been extended or if I'm now locked in to a contract where nothing seems to work as it should. One day when I phoned the agent even said he could not locate a router in my home.

I'm completely at my whits ends. I have a smart home. I can't control lights, sockets, no access to my files on my nas drive, can't use my printer, or any of my streaming services i pay for (music & films/tv), I can't use my printer and my google doorbell will not work. It may seem minor but we live in an Internet world. I can't access things on my cloud storage and my daughter can't log on to her device to do her homework. 

And before anybody suggests the FAQ page, I have been through it with a fine tooth comb again to no avail. Ive taken to twitter and yes virgin did respond by asking me to look at their FAQ page. I've not personalised my router so all settings are set to default.

And to add salt to the wound I've also received a text saying the Internet will be down on Monday (tomorrow) due to maintenance. So basically that literally a whole month where virgin has not been working as it should. 

Ps I was due a call from a manager last week, but no one phoned. And yes I did ring myself several times and again I was told different things,one being there was no record of a manager ringing me back.

You seriously should invest in onshore call centres only, because on the rare occasions ive managed to get through to one at least they seem to know what they are talking about and are not just reading off a script. And before anyone jumps on the racist bandwagon I'm of mixed heritage myself. This is not about race but incompetence.

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Blue_Eyed_Genie thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding both customer service, and your broadband.

I can see that since your post here, you have received help on this matter via other avenues - please don't hesitate to come back here if you do need any further assistance in the future though or questions, that haven't been answered so far.

Many thanks

Tom_W