Menu
mrhbeats
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Intelligent WiFi Booster Ordering

Hi 

I have run the Virgin Connect App which has recommended I could benefit from an intelligent WiFi booster. 

When I click through the links it says “Sorry you are unable to change your package online”

There is no way to contact Virgin Media via live chat or email. Any ideas other than to phone them?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intelligent WiFi Booster Ordering

You’re better off ordering some better boosters from Amazon or getting a mesh system or better standalone router 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I second what Gary is saying.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
mrhbeats
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i am not a techie by any stretch - so if I buy some form of mesh system across the house it should work? Something like the BT disks?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes - the BT Whole Home seems to be the best of the bunch.

Other people have purchased ones by Tenda or TP-Link, but BT's offerings seem to be preferred by most.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Anything is BETTER than the SH in router mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
rosecherished
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've already got an "intelligent wifi booster" downstairs but now I'm working from home, signal keeps dropping out from my wired PC connection and scan said to get another booster. I don't have any spare cash, so wanted to order the VM one as it won't cost me anything under my VM package.

However, it seems that you are saying the VM booster not being so good and/or the VM router not being so good is why my connection keeps dropping?

Am I correct?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello rosecherished

Thanks for your post 

The current booster you have, is this one of ours or a 3rd party one?

I can have a look at arranging for another to be sent out, but as you mentioned you are wired to your PC. Is this wired from the booster or straight from the hub

Gareth_L

LisaT11
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello please can you send me out two wireless WiFi boosters? I downloaded the app and the scan said I'd benefit from them as I have signal black spots but when I click order on the app it goes through to an error page. I  was also on chat and they said I had to call in but I can't get through thanks for your help Lisa Tarling 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Your own thread would be better.

But also as per above don’t pay the rental charges for the Virgin ones

0 Kudos