cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Pods stopped working

agent44
Joining in

I have a single wifi pod currently (they have been out of stock, so I have been able to order another). We are having intermittent issues in my area with VM services and at the same time my pod has suddenly stopped working.

However, apart from a small blip yesterday for about 10 minutes, my broadband connection, and Hub 3.0 seem absolutely fine. I have a solid, consistent  connection, and get 210Mbps over wifi whenever I do a speed test, when I am close to the router.

But with the pod, when you get close to it, the wifi network appears on any device, but when you try to connect it either just fails and gives up, or says 'incorrect password' and tried to get you to re-enter it.

There are no flashing lights, suggesting the pod is connected happily.

I've been on the phone to tech support twice now who cannot give me an explanation, but insist it's due to the fault in my area which I am not experiencing. I work in a technical field and realise this could be feasible, but it sounds like more of an excuse to fob me off than a valid reason to me, given the fact they won't really do anything and I get given conflicting information both times I have called.

2 REPLIES 2

agent44
Joining in

I believe this is this is fixed now though three calls to customer services made no difference. In case it ever helps anyone else this is what had happened:

It turns out that somehow, my pod was using a different password to my Hub 3.0. I had to perform a reset some time ago, and somehow ended up in a situation where my pod was expecting the default password and the router the modified one I had set before the reset.

Everything had been working fine before yesterday for weeks, with no router changes.

I realised what might be going on when I tried to log into look at settings and the default password did not work - given I hadn't tried to do this since I performed the hard reset I realised something may be up. I performed a further hard reset and everything started to work again, and the same password working on all devices.

Hi @agent44 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

It's great news that your issue with your pods has been resolved.  I genuinely thank you for sharing the resolution with us.  This as you say, could help your fellow customers in the future.
Regards

Lee_R