cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install internet

umarfaruq4real
Tuning in

If I want to install a virgin media internet point in my room what is the process and how many weeks is it going to be before completion? currently, my router is in my mate's room and I get a really poor signal.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Consider running a network cable from the Hub to your room where you can have a network switch and / or a WiFi access point.

It will cause on obstruction on the floor. My room is adjacent to where the WIFI acces point is 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get a Mesh system - no wires needed - just plug the first unit into the hub on ethernet cable and put the second in your room -play with their locations to  minimise the distance/obstructions between them

- a 2-pack should be good enough e.g.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-System-Seamless-coverage-Refurbished/dp/B07X56LHDG/

There are other cheaper options if thats too much - ask back

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks alot John. That's helpful