Menu
nicolamc0608
Joining in
Message 61 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram issues While On Wifi

I've had the same issues with my instagram app. I'm with ID and my phone wasn't loading instagram. My phone updated to include 'WIFI Calling' at all times. I've turned it off and instagram seems to be loading fine now.

HiddeNAttacK
Joining in
Message 62 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Just turned the firewall off from hub settings and I think it's resolved my instagram issues. 

0 Kudos
Aramsay1202
Tuning in
Message 63 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have also got this issue with virgin! I thought it was our WiFi connection (newly installed) but looks like a lot of people have this issue: what a joke that nothing has been done yet? I keep switching to 4G and the app works fine but it’s meant that I’ve had an extra data bill as I’ve been running out of data.

i don’t really appreciate or understand why I should pay over £100 for tv and broadband for something so simple to not work? I wonder if I would have this issue with sky.

0 Kudos
axmatt
Tuning in
Message 64 of 67
Flag for a moderator

I've tried everything - happen to know a few people at Facebook who have also done a little (very little, mind you!) digging for me. They see me connecting from my home IP across their network (Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram) so the connection to them isn't the issue, it's something Virgin's doing with the routing or attempted caching of the sites to speed access up though caching or some CDN on their network. Isn't the ISP's job to do that, is down to the service itself to offer these - Facebook has various PoPs across the UK so again, no reason for Virgin's network to fail to connect over the app.

Why has no one from Virgin even commented on this thread yet?

My home setup does not use the built-in wifi, that's off as Routers were never designed (and still aren't) to handle all the tasks ISPs assign them - we have a pro-wireless setup in the house; UPnP is on for testing now but it would make sense for Virgin to just confirm what their issue is.

LeoC123
Joining in
Message 65 of 67
Flag for a moderator

We have exactly the same on our virgin media router. When loading Instagram the app doesn’t work at all, really slow to download or upload. Everything else works like Facebook, Pinterest, Amazon and netflix. Drop WiFi and Instagram loads instantly.

0 Kudos
matt___w
Just joined
Message 66 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Interestingly, turning the firewall off does resolve the issue which appears to stay resolved some time after turning it back on again...

This issue occurs on iOS, MacOS (wired and wi-fi) and Windows PC (wired)

0 Kudos
musictechguy
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 67
Flag for a moderator

This is affecting me too. Instagram videos not playing on Virgin WiFi. As soon as I go to mobile data it works. 

Virgin are throttling Instagram traffic

0 Kudos