Menu
Awal
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Information about new Wifi Pods

Does anyone have any actual information about the new WiFi Pods?

What I really want is a proper setup/product information not the noddy animated thing.

I'm specifically interested in is the ethernet port just for connecting a device to the pod or is it like the BT Whole Home Wi-Fi discs that you can wire them in to the network.

Also

• Why do VM make it so hard to find out anything about them?
  • Why do VM make it so hard to order them?
  • Why can't I order more than 1 at a time? 
  • Why are the hoops to jump through to order 1, 2 or 3 different each time?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Information about new Wifi Pods

Just get your own better equipment and save yourself all this headache

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
PKteam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi could you give a bit more specific about what you are recommending as having the same issues needs wifi boosters as house is large.

Have been recommended wi fi pods looking at other options but would be helpful if you supplied more details Thanks !

0 Kudos
PKteam
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi !having the same issue, I am now in the phone queue trying to enquire with this mind numbing music !!! could you update if you get any information as I can't do anything on line or via a digital assistant !!! last week I was able to speak with UK people quite quickly !!!!

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@PKteam wrote:

Hi could you give a bit more specific about what you are recommending as having the same issues needs wifi boosters as house is large.

Have been recommended wi fi pods looking at other options but would be helpful if you supplied more details Thanks !

Search for WiFi mesh systems. The TPLink Deco range is one well regarded option, as is the ASUS AI mesh range.. 

triband products use a dedicated radio to move traffic between mesh devices, dual band ones use the same radio for backhaul as the one that you connect devices to, so will be a bit slower overall.. prices start at about £100 and go up from there.

0 Kudos
bolgerp
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad it's not just me who was having trouble trying to get some more information.

I currently have Gig1/Hub 4 and a devolo powerline network throughout the house which works very well except for one room which is on a separate electrical circuit to the rest of the house. I have never been able to get decent speeds there. 

I called Virgin last Tuesday (a week ago) to just get some further information about the new intelligent wifi plus service just to see if this might be able to help boost the speed in the room in question. I actually got through fairly quickly. However, the first person I spoke to knew nothing about the service. The second person was aware of it, but only had the same information as I could read on their website. He arranged for someone to call me back later that day to explain the service and see if it would be suitable. They called back yesterday (Monday).. I had actually forgotten about it so I wasn't too upset that it took them nearly a week. 

Anyway, seems like the new WiFi pods are not compatible with other systems so I would have to completely remove my powerline network and, as I have spent a considerable amount of money putting it in, I declined to get the new service. I will be interested to see how this Intelligent WiFi Plus service works in reality, though.

0 Kudos