Menu
KingGizzard
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly poor download speed

i currently have the 200mb package with a hub 3, i currently have my pc plugged into it via ethernet, im only getting around 15mb down and 16up, whats going on with this? i tried it via wifi and i was still only getting 25mb.

example. when downloading on steam or other gaming apps im getting around 1.5/2mbs

yet on my iphone i get around 150mb. ive tried restarting the modem, updating all drivers on pc, resetting dns and other such processes. 

someone help please

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly poor download speed

So if your iPhone connected via WiFi is getting 150 Mbps but your PC connected via WiFi or Lan cable is getting much slower speeds, that'd suggest the issue is with your PC. Do you have yet another device that you can use to perform a speed test with, maybe a laptop or tablet just to verify this?

In terms of what may be causing slow network performance on your PC, what changes have you made (or have been forced upon you by automatic updates) on the PC leading up to this? Is your antivirus software all in order/fully updated and have you done a scan recently (if this is an option with your AV software).

What does the Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter have to say about this - it's accessible from the status page of your network and Internet settings? Maybe its an even bigger PC performance issue thats cropped up so how does a speed test go after the PC is freshly booted up in the morning after having been fully powered off (not just in sleep mode) overnight?

0 Kudos
KingGizzard
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried all the trouble shooting options and it doesn’t detect anything, I’ve also completely rebooted the pc and still nothing. 
the antivirus didn’t find anything as I did a scan last night.

From what I can think there hasn’t been any updates for this to happen, I’ve got a tablet, I’ll try that once I am home again. 
I tried a network reset and all sorts but still no luck as yet 

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just a few things - if it's a heat related problem causing this (over time PC fans and heatsinks can get clogged with dust), rebooting the PC won't address this if it's a device that's left running overnight. It'll need to be fully powered off and allowed to cool down for some time before booting it and testing again.

Do you have a different ethernet cable that you can test with also in case that's to blame?

I realise you've restarted your Hub 3 but have you tried factory resetting it by holding down the little reset button on the back for a minute?

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @KingGizzard.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear about your slow speeds on your PC. Have you tried the great advice given by @Flying_Kiwi?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos