cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect complaint resolved email

lbroughton001
Joining in

I phoned yesterday with a complaint about my Wifi not working in most of the rooms in my house i.e. it only works well within the same room as the box. I asked how this could be fixed and confirmed I am not willing to pay anymore money, I just want the service I was promised in the first place.

I was told I could have a pod or have an electrician out both of which I would need to pay for. How is it possible that need to pay to fix Virgin's service issues?

No resolution was offered to my issues and then later I received an email saying my complaint had been resolved which just wasn't the case. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM's (somewhat pointless) wi-fi guarantee is below

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

involving the use of VM's 'pods'.

The mediocre wi-fi capabilities of the VM hubs are a regular source of complaint on the forums.

Where is the hub placed relative to the areas you need wi-fi coverage? Would relocating the hub to a better location possibly help?

Usual advice on here is to put the hub into modem mode and use your own superior networking equipment (a mesh system or separate access points are popular choices).

The outlay for extra equipment is unwelcome but you should get better wi-fi performance. If you ever switch supplier in the future you should be able to reuse your own equipment again.