cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Wi-Fi connection

jdeeej
Joining in

Hello,

I have had nothing but inconsistent Wi-Fi connections from the moment we came online with Virgin. Speeds fluctuate between slow and being offline completely in a constant cycle.

I work from home and rely on an internet connection and it has already impacted my work, it is very disappointing. We had recently changed our provider to ensure we had the best connection but we are unsure why we have changed in the first place.

I have troubleshooted everything on our end and an uneducated guess is that it is on Virgin's end as we have recently spoken to the old occupants of our property and this was the same for them. 

Is this now a problem I have to deal with forever? It would be a great shame to discover that we have been offered packages that don't provide the service we were ensured would be the norm.

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jdeeej 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having with the service in your home. Have you ran any diagnostics using our tools available?

Here are a couple:

👉 WiFi SOS
👉 WiFi Not Working
👉 Connect 👈 - This one is good for testing the signal strength around your home.

Let me know how you get on along with any results so we can look into this deeper if needed. 

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, 

WiFi SOS: States there's a signal issue in my area.

WiFi not working: States there's an issue with the connection.

Connect: Issues with connection. Struggled to get more than 1 room tested for connection speeds. Internal error in relation to data on Virgin's end being incorrect.

I hope this helps, it looks like there's a problem with the signal in this area in general.

Thanks for the update and the results they are helpful. I would like to bring you in for a private message to look into this further, both from a area issue and ensure to test what I can for any issues that may be ongoing inside the home.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina