Menu
urbanbumpkin
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Improvement on WIFI Dropping out issue on 3.0 Hub

Like most of the 3.0 hub users I've been experiencing daily drop out on WIFI devices over the last few weeks. The virgin 3.0 hub is particularly poor and this appears to be root cause. Buying replacement kit seems to be the most common recommendation as Virgin Media don't seem to be in a rush to resolve these issues apart for increase their charges by £3.50 a month (I digress).

However I have made a change recently by disabling MAC filtering on the router admin. Since doing this 5 days ago I haven't had the usual drop out issue where I've had to re-boot my router on a bi-daily basis.

I imagine that this has security implications (I'd be grateful of the feedback on this) but this seems to have resolved this. I'm guessing this may have reduced some of the processing that the router has to do to establish a connection (I'm all ears form someone more techy).

I've also noticed that my Ring Doorbell now comes through on a Wifi device pretty much instantly where previously there was delay that was often minutes.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Is this a OK temporary work around?

0 Kudos
urbanbumpkin
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Improvement on WIFI Dropping out issue on 3.0 Hub

Has anyone else got this working? No drops for the last 10 days

0 Kudos