Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to speak to anyone

Hi,

im at my wits end. My broadband is down again, I work from home (obviously as it’s lockdown) and it is impossible to speak to anyone to help me. I pay a fortune for this service and all I want is to speak to a human. Help?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to speak to anyone

They don’t speak to customers. The excuse is the virus. This is fraudulent. Employees can offer phone support from home. Vodafone and numerous other companies do this. This is intentional neglect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried to text too and still nothing. It’s a disgrace. If you’re on Twitter you can shame them into responding but I’m not therefore Virgin don’t care. Outrageous. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This forum isn’t a hotline to speak to a VM member of staff.

What issues are you having?

Is this with a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My broadband is down for the 2nd time in a week. When I call it just says essential repairs and it will be fixed at some point today. Obviously I’m working at home and this isn’t acceptable. It’s costing me business. 
mans of course there’s no way of speaking to anyone to find out why, if it will happen again or god forbid, whether I can receive some sort or refund. I don’t willingly go onto forums - I’m desperate and just want a straight answer so I can give me clients a straight answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Jakeloupgarou wrote:

My broadband is down for the 2nd time in a week. When I call it just says essential repairs and it will be fixed at some point today. Obviously I’m working at home and this isn’t acceptable. It’s costing me business. 
mans of course there’s no way of speaking to anyone to find out why, if it will happen again or god forbid, whether I can receive some sort or refund. I don’t willingly go onto forums - I’m desperate and just want a straight answer so I can give me clients a straight answer

There’s not much can be done if it’s an area issue or outage. 

If you require stability then you need it look into getting backup line or a business account that has stricter SLA’s for resolutions.

A residential service isn’t meant for running a business from, per the terms of use. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Difficult with a work from home order from the government though - hard to predict and as I can’t speak to anyone at Virgin hard to change...

what was that book, Catch something or other?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Indeed - and as said outages can't be helped.

If you have access to the Service Status page, I assume the outage is showing on there.

Just keep an eye on the fix ETA, and do note the times quoted are estimates only

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

See message 23

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intermittent-Connection-Issues/m-p/4490276#...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm the same Jake. 

I'm classed as 'high risk' health wise and supposed to be a priority customer but I still receive awful customer service. 

Our BB constantly drops as does our phone line which is supposed to be up and working 24/7 just in case we need to dial 999 for an ambulance - we needed to ring for one only last week!

Fed up of the service being down is an understatement 😡

0 Kudos