cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel the contract

Joining in

I have been trying to cancel my Virgin plan for weeks. The phone line is however completely not operating as I have wasted hours on the line, so I decided to follow their own instructions and send a First Class Signed For letter instead. However, I still have not received any acknowledgement of this. The result has been that I have been forced into the new payment date of 25th September, and then after that will have to wait for the one month advance cancellation, essentially requiring to pay two months more than I wanted to. This is especially bad as the reason I cancelled was an unexplained doubling of bills, which is hardly something I want to pay for further. The cancellation experience is simply beyond badly handled and actually simply harmful for me and other customers to the point where I question the legality of such unexplained stalling techniques.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK the 30 day notice period starts from when the letter was signed for by Virgin Media.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Joining in

Up to now, I still haven't received a confirmation from VM regarding my contract cancellation. However, I received a call and an email from their sales team attempting to get me to upgrade my contract on the same day I posted this message.