Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Important: Serious issue accessing Lloyds Bank, Playstation and Vodafone.

All services do usually have a way you can raise issues and queries with them if you scroll to the bottom of the website there may be a Contact Us section?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Not from what I can see on playstation network theres no contact us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@Tah1780 wrote:

Not from what I can see on playstation network theres no contact us.

Here you go ...

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/footer/about-us/

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 28
Flag for a moderator

These blocks are usually in response to malicious activity originating from your public IP Address. Pursuing the cause with those website operators that are contactable should be a priority; a  change of IP Address may give some period of relief but unless the source of the malicious activity is identified it is likely to also be blocked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 25 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike but the link you gave I have already tried, it asks what your problem is goes through a few solutions but if they don't work just says contact your internet provider which I already did.  There is no email or phone number to contact for further support should your Internet provider not be able to solve it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@Tah1780 From Google:

PS4 Tech Support How to contact PlayStation Customer Service Support

UK PlayStation Support

• Telephone: 0203 538 2665

Opening times: Monday-Saturday 10.30am- 7.30pm BST

The UK also has excellent support on Twitter, with a team who responds quickly to your questions. Just tweet @AskPS_UK between 9.00-23.00 Mon- Sun

Or, you can email the team at: help@ukplaystation.com

Based on past experiences like this reported on the forum, Sony are usually not very helpful.

As others have stated this looks like an IP address block and PSN and Banks don't block IPs for fun they usually have a very good reason.

Have recently found this site which might be able to shed some light on the reputation of your current IP:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip-lookup-proxy-vpn-test

You can also check if your IP address is banned by Akamai who provide online security for most banks and PSN (although this link seems to return less reliable results than it used to in the past):
https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/ 

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 27 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Scot, I had already done those tests from links on a previous post with the same problem, they both said my IP was ok.  However today I can connect to both Lloyds and PlayStation network, I don't know what has changed and would of been helpful to of known what the problem was but they are now working.

Thankyou everyone for trying to help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 28 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Educated response would  be that the sites in question have removed the block on your external (WAN) IP address, I am glad that the issue has now been resolved.

Regards Mike

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos