Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Important: Serious issue accessing Lloyds Bank, Playstation and Vodafone.

Hi Swissdavi, 

Thank you for your replies, I am sorry with your experience with gadget rescue, they are a third party company. I apologise that you were put through to them as they are normally for "gadgets" and would advise on printers and tablets non-virgin media equipment. If you would like I can raise a complaint on this as you should not have been transferred? Have you been able to access the sites since your post?

Thanks,

Zoie

Tuning in
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Zoie, everything appears to be working as normal as of today, which is a relief. I am now able to access Playstation, Lloyds bank and Vodafone once again after exactly 1 week of blocking.

I’m just thankful the whole thing has been resolved and apart from having to deal with 3 teenage kids driving me up the wall because they couldn’t use the PS4, there is no harm done.

My only problem was the lack of information and an explanation as to what was happening. Maybe I was expecting too much of the support team as I’m sure they will encounter problems that have no precedent from time to time but I would have been more satisfied if they had admitted they were unsure what was happening and then returned my call with an update on what they had done or discovered. Not wanting to tell them their job but it would have been a nice touch had they done that and it would have given me a lot more confidence in them.

However, I will say, the initial gentleman that answered my call and the lady from Gadget Rescue were excellent and despite obviously being just as confused as me, tried to figure out the issue very professionally.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Ok no problem Swissdavi, I'm glad that it has been sorted for you and your family, you maybe able to get some peace now 🙂

I will make sure that this is fed back to the concerned teams the good and bad parts, so that we can learn from the mistakes that we've made whilst dealing with your issue.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently having an issue connecting to Lloyds bank and PlayStation Network on any device using LAN or WIFI however I can log in using Mobile Data.  Benn on the phone for 2 hours today no solution and no mention of the problems other people have had previously with it either.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Tah1780.

Can we please confirm if you've already run through a pin hole reset of the Hub? 

Is this on different devices as well?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Yes already tried the pinhole reset while on the phone I think this is an IP issue virgin has said they will send a new router out but unless it changes my IP doubt very much it will resolve the issue, virgin said my IP renews every month unsure if thats correct and if it is could be part of the problem.  There was another post from someone else on here having the same issue in January this year, virgin told them it was a known issue and they were trying to resolve it, it fixed it self a week later, however no mention about that during my 2 hour call today while being passed around from virgin to the Gadget Tech people twice, when I clearly stated I was having trouble accessing PlayStation network and lloyds bank on any device not just the PS so it was clearly not gadget related.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

On some occasions the Hub will keep the same IP address, it may help to unplug the Hub for a few hours to see if this IP goes back to the system and provides you a new one.

Thanks, Emily.

Tuning in
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but had it switched off at the socket overnight last night and still the same today, I have tried PS instructions for ps network issues and when none worked PS says I should phone service provider which I did and they were not able to solve the problem.  Internet is working fine just can't access PlayStation network or Lloyds bank on website or phone app unless I use mobile data.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

If it's blocked the IP address it would actually be down to the website owners who can unblock this when requested if the IP address isn't renewing.

Thanks, Emily

Tuning in
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Will wait for router see if that works if not I will call Lloyds but I'm unsure how to contact PlayStation as they dont have a number or email from what I can see on the PlayStation network site.

0 Kudos