Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

IPv4 not valid, broadband connection down

Hello,

The wifi stopped working really randomly last night and when I go to connect to it (it still appears as a network able to connect - just says weak security) I get a pop up that checks for problems and I keep getting the same message back: that my IPv4 address is not valid and that my broadband connection is down. It also asks me to move closer to the hub but I am sitting right in front of it. 

I have turned the hub off for 5 mins then back on - no change. I have pressed down the key hole reset button for 60 seconds - no change. I’ve checked my area for any issues and doesn’t seem like there are any. The Hub itself just displays a yellow light even after I’ve just rebooted it or turned it off and on. 

I work from home and need this fixed ASAP but I am a tenant in this house and did not set up the wifi myself so I cannot log in to check it out more in depth. Also my landlord is abroad so he would probably be useless to get information out of.

Anyone know how I can fix this issue?? Or do I need to call someone to come have a look (though it is lockdown right now so I’d rather not do that).

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPv4 not valid, broadband connection down

Have you tried rebooting the Wi-Fi device ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, like I mentioned in my original post.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

One problem I foresee is that as you are not the Virginmedia account holder, due to GDPR it will be impossible for Virginmedia to look into the account or even replacement parts or an engineer, as only the account holder is allowed to request that.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@neak wrote:

Yes, like I mentioned in my original post.

I can see that you have rebooted and reset the Hub but not the actual device that you are trying to connect with.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They have been restarted as well. And I am testing the wifi on 3 different devices with no luck, so it seems the issue is with the wifi itself.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try a factory / pinhole reset using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once the lights are stabilised check your system again.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have done this 3 times. No change in light display on the hub or the error messages I get when I try to reconnect.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I run my Hub 3 in Modem Mode and am not going to put it into Router Mode to check. Is there a setting in the Hub Settings for disabling IPv4 ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How do I access the Hub settings? If I have to log into something then I probably can’t because my landlord set up the wifi.. 

0 Kudos