Menu
maxfox44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

IP camera suddenly not working

Hi

I’ve got a standard IP camera which was connected wirelessly from my Hub3.  This weekend the camera app can’t find the camera on the network. Obviously I’m looking into the camera itself, but I just wanted to rule out any VM changes that could have caused this problem. Does anyone know of anything that’s changed?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP camera suddenly not working

It may just have dropped of the connection have you reset it and can it see your network SSID? Are other devices working ok and are both 2.4 and 5 GHz network band still broadcasting? Is your camera dual-band or is it limited to the 2.4?

There have been a few reports recently where the Hub3 can lose one or the other bands. Try logging into the settings and see if one or other has become "inactivated" If not turn them off then back on and save the settings.

Finally try a 60 second hold pinhole reset and see if that helps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
maxfox44
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP camera suddenly not working

Thanks for your reply. Everything else on WiFi is working.

I will login later and do as you suggest. 

0 Kudos