Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IP Change

My mother has spoken to you around 5 times asking for a ip change because i have been ddosed around 20+ times because my ip has been leaked on minecraft servers and hasn't changed for around 5+ years you claim to say you've fixed it after 24 hours then i still get hit off so we ring again and you say wait 48 hours and people still hit me off so i need a ip change cause i'm getting very annoyed as my ip is basically leaked everywhere on tons of databases 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP Change

Your IP will just get leaked again.

VM can't change your IP only you can by using modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Use a vpn and stop blaming VM for your security issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Useless using a vpn when my IP is leaked all I need is a new ip because all other providers change ups basically every week and can just restart and get a new IP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That might be true of other providers, but the system VM use is very different and the assigned IP address you get is very 'sticky'. It doesn't matter how many times you call up, the customer service people can't change it and are just telling you to wait 48 hours or so to get you off the line.

The only way to can do it is to put the VM hub into modem mode and then use your own router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IP addresses are visible to the public, so why you think changing it will help is beyond me.
if you are getting DDOS'd then you clearly have upset the wrong person. you can also report DDOS (if it actually is that) via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/denial-of-service-attacks

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Useless using a vpn when my IP is leaked all I need is a new ip because all other providers change ups basically every week and can just restart and get a new IP

There's your answer.  If you want a new IP address because your behaviour has invited DOS attacks and you've made your existing IP unusable, then change ISP. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos