Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

INTERNET GOING OFF EVERY NIGHT

I live in North Finchley and my Internet has been consistently going off for the last 4 5 months around 9, 10 pm and comes back around 7, 8 am. This has become very annoying and frustrating and virgin refuses to do anything about it. The router is working but when connecting to the Internet it says Internet not available and takes me to a troubleshooting page.

Any help would be appreciated I'm sick and tired of this and am very strongly considering switching providers because at this point the Internet has become so inconsistent and unreliable that it's not worth it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: INTERNET GOING OFF EVERY NIGHT

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Are the disconnects happening on ethernet connected devices at the same time as wifi ones?

To get some evidence, if you haven’t already, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: INTERNET GOING OFF EVERY NIGHT

You jinxed me, my HUB4 had a night of last night and behaved but after reading this is rebooted at 12-2am like clockwork since new (less than 2 weeks) but I got a bonus prize this time with super duper download  speed of 0.5-3Mb/s (all levels are fine and no errors) and upload is 45-50Mb/s.

EDIT: Returned to normal as I typed the above (without a reboot not inc above reboot I had to do).

0 Kudos