Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I want to change my IP address

Hello, I have the superhub 3 and want to change my ip address because of people constantly ddosing me. The only way I see to change my IP is to get a new router and put the super hub 3 into modem mode. I was wondering does anyone know any good cheap routers that I change IP address whenever I want or when I reset it I'm looking to spend around £40 if anyone could find me one that would be great

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to change my IP address

If you get your own router some other poor **d will get your old IP address. Sort out your problem of why you are being ddosed. A router will only change your IP4 address once and those people will just start ddosing your new IP.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

"A router will only change your IP4 address once and those people will just start ddosing your new IP."

Is there not a router that keeps changing ip address once it gets reset like other internet providers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You might not be able to change your IP too many times but the change is by MAC on the routers WAN settings.
D-Link DIR-842
https://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-Wireless-Gigabit-External-Antenna/dp/B00PVDTRL4/ref=sr_1_1?s=compute...
Linksys EA6350
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-EA6350-Smart-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00NPRW6XO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A router doesn't change its WAN IP address, it's given it by the ISP's DHCP server.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Why hasn't virgin media made it possible to change ip address anyway?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@POPOPOPOW wrote:

Why hasn't virgin media made it possible to change ip address anyway?

for what reason would you need to keep changing your IP address?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You cannot really stay hidden on the web. All you can do is get a good business class router that can handle lots of connections and reject them. Also you have to keep using TOR.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

"for what reason would you need to keep changing your IP address?"

So when people get my IP I can just reset it and nothing happens instead of constantly being offline. Before anyone offers a VPN I don't like using them since most servers and such block them and they're kinda slow the ones I've used and paid for

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

or maybe you can just stop doing things that results in people trying to hit your IP address.
normal web use shouldn't result in you having to change your IP.