Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been cheated by Virgin media

I chose VM for my broadband thinking it's a trustworthy company but I change my mind!!!

I joined VM less than a month ago and after only 9 days they disconnected my line.

I spent 50 minutes on the phone the first day and 2 hours and 30 minutes the second day, I spoke with abut 9 different operators to understand which was the problem without getting a solution.

My house is split into two flats (different meters, different council tax, different lines according to other broadband providers) but It's not for VM system so when my neighbor activated her VM line they cut off mine.

It seemed impossible for them to split the house into two different flats and to have two lines in the same address,  so to the eighth operator I asked for a refund for the activation and for the month (without the 9 days I had my connection) and to end my contract without a fee because it's all been their mistake, not mine. I didn't want to terminate my contract but there wasn't another choice.

They assured me it would have happened, they assured me an email within 7 days where the matter would have been fully clarified but instead, I received a bill for £43,96.

Now after what happened last week (more than 3 hours on the phone without any real help) I'm literally scared to call them back and ask for an explanation. 

I'm thinking to go to the council because this is a fraud. Can someone gives me any advice? thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've been cheated by Virgin media

Hi ire_p 

Welcome to the community, we are sorry for the experience which you have received with us. 

Are you any further forward with this? 

What resolution was taken on the last call? 

Please let us know and then we will be able to investigate this further for you. 

Kind regards 

Chris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_W1,

Thank you to replay to my message.

During the last call they told me they wouldn't charge me to terminate the contract early but this is what happened then.

I received a breakdown bill charging me for about £43.

What should I do now?

I don't want to pay for something was not my decision. 

Thank you

Please let me know if you need more information from me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi ire_p

We will send you a private message 

Kind regards