Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I still have Hub 1, but can't order Hub 3 online, but can't call either?

Bit of a catch 22 here. I'm having terrible wireless internet performance, less than 1Mb on a 100Mb connection sometimes (I have screenshots as proof). 

The VM website says I'm eligible for an upgrade, but when I click the upgrade, it takes me t oa page that says sorry we can't do upgrades online.

So I try call, but their call centres are closed.

Any help/suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I still have Hub 1, but can't order Hub 3 online, but can't call either?

call centers are open. Call early in the morning just aster 8am if best

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh ok so it just means they're closed at the moment, I thought I would just be put through to a call centre somewhere else around the world. Thanks for the heads up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax is correct.

Getting “oopsed” usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call and come back here.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently on their chat, but so far only spoke to 1 person for 3 messages in 1hr, not looking good lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try calling in at 08.00 - that gives you the best chance of getting through to them with short wait times.

While waiting are the poor speeds on the SH1 evident on wifi AND ethernet cable connected devices - or just wifi ones? If you dont know - can you check on an ethernet connected computer/laptop.

The SH1 wifi is "limited" (poor!) as it only broadcasts on one frequency at a time - SH2's and above broadcast the 2 frequencies simultaneously. So is your SH1 set to the 2.4 or 5GHz frequency band?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Called at 8am, getting my new hub 3 on Tuesday. Thank you!

0 Kudos