Menu
Jack22
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I need someone who works at Virgin

My internet is very unreliable slow and often cuts out (I have to lean out of bed to get connections every time and my bed is about 12 metres away from the box). We have called up Virgin Media over 10 times now and every time they tell us that they have identified an issue with our internet and are going to look into it, but have taken over half a year to actually do something, and considering my family pay £107 a month I would have hoped that the company would have the decency to do something about it. We have tried everything Virgin have suggested we do to try fixing the problems at least 30 times and nothing ever seems to work. I've even been sent an ethernet connectionbooster by Virginand I'm still slamming my desk in rage about connections at least once a week. Any chance I could speak to someone who can either get us a new or better router could send someone around to try fixing our current situation? Doesn't seem like the company care about us anymore!

0 Kudos
Jack22
Joining in
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I need a Virgin Media employee

My internet is very unreliable slow and often cuts out (I have to lean out of bed to get connections every time and my bed is about 12 metres away from the box). We have called up Virgin Media over 10 times now and every time they tell us that they have identified an issue with our internet and are going to look into it, but have taken over half a year to actually do something, and considering my family pay £107 a month I would have hoped that the company would have the decency to do something about it. We have tried everything Virgin have suggested we do to try fixing the problems at least 30 times and nothing ever seems to work. I've even been sent an ethernet connectionbooster by Virginand I'm still slamming my desk in rage about connections at least once a week. Any chance I could speak to someone who can either get us a new or better router could send someone around to try fixing our current situation? Doesn't seem like the company care about us anymore!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a Virgin Media employee

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

Or a VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take 5-10 days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need someone who works at Virgin

This is a double post

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jack22
Joining in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Oh I've tried doing that about 10 times and every single time a robot answers and tells me to hang up because call centres have closed because of the pandemic and that they think I should reset my wifi (which doesnt ever seem to work for me)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Call centres are still open and answering - lots of people reporting getting through fine at 08.00.

If you get the robot treatment then call back 2-3 minutes later - the system should know you just called and are calling back and then put you in the queue.

Out of interest - have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@Jack22Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged/pruned your duplicate threads.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

and whats the speed wired?
0 Kudos
Jack22
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

well it took me off the page when I sent it so it did it again just because I didn't think it was sent through

0 Kudos
Jack22
Joining in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

2 plugs that have ethernet inputs in them, on where it goes from the router into the extender. and one that goes from the extender into the pc. both are plugged into separate plug sockets and connect to eachother wirelessly

0 Kudos