cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new IP

Skyco
Joining in

I've developed an issue with Netflix where certain titles have disappeared. If I search for them manually they don't appear. The issue occurs across multiple devices.

If I used 4G/5G or switch my HUB4 to modem mode I can see and play all the missing titles. The issue only occurs with the same IP on Router mode.

Netflix support indicate there are no restrictions or bans on my account that would limit what I see. I created a new profile and the same issue persists.

The only constant in this issue is my IP address. How do I go about getting that changed please?

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot change your IP address with VM. You get one in router mode and one in modem mode. These are sticky IP addresses and will only change when VM do a reconfiguration of the CMTS (their big router/modem at the other end of your cable. If you leave your hub turned off for about 8 days the IP address might change, but in no way is this guaranteed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the info, I think I'll just switch ISPs, sounds like the easiest option.

Client62
Legend

Are the Router mode and Modem mode Public IPs reported as different locations or even different ISPs.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Netflix is the problem

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Legend

Mais pourquoi ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Because you connect to Netflix if Netflix gets it wrong as to what you can watch then they are wrong basing on your IP which is wrong they should be locking content by when pay for the service you say UK you go to the US the login to the service Netflix should show UK content its really not that hard for Netflix to do this but they choose not to and cause problems when your IP changes.

---------------------------------------------------------------