Menu
Bb13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I keep receiving phone calls and text messages to tell me my internet will be lost in four hours. I

Scam emails 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I keep receiving phone calls and text messages to tell me my internet will be lost in four hours. I

Standard scam!!

If it's a phonecall; I have a bit of fun with them by pretending to do what they say - then telling them I have Linux and BT...

After about 20 minutes I've been told to 'eff off' a few times! I'm surprised they still try it on!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I keep receiving phone calls and text messages to tell me my internet will be lost in four ho...

Hello Bb13

Sorry to hear of the recent contact you have received, we can understand the frustration calls of these types can cause. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As already advised these are a scam, we have a couple of help pages for instances such as this. Did you give any personal or private information during the call?

In regards to calls, there's some helpful advice here. For the text messages, simply block the number. Details on how to do this for your particular handset can be found on the relevant manufacturer's website or just by Googling it.

If you receive any suspicious emails purporting to be from us, please follow the steps here on how to get these raised.

Rob

0 Kudos