cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been conned by Virgin Media and I am so annoyed with them...

Hefeydd
Tuning in

I called Virgin Media the other day and spoke to somebody about a VM WifFi Pod and I was told there would be no charge on my account I am a customer with a 1G account and I didn't read the email they sent me until this evening and my I could feel my blood boiling in my veins and I was so angry with the guy I spoke to did NOT tell me that ordering the WiFi Pod would increase my bill I am fuming over the fact that this moron has made changes to my account and my account it going up by £10 and this wasn't even discussed in the conversation that we had he never once mentioned this to me, he said that there would be no charges and this would be FREE and this isn't free because he's mad changes to my account that I did not request and I am so angry with this guy.

I have heard stories about this happening to VM customers without their authorisation to make changes to their account and it's been in the news as well and now this has happened to me. This is what happens with a large Data Telecommunications company outsourcing and the staff are making changes to my account without advising the customer of the changes that have been made. he told me the call was being recorded and I hope that it was because nowhere in the conversation was there a discussion of changes being made to my account.

I am going to ring Virgin tomorrow and you can have your Pod back because I did not agree to this. I am at the point where I am seriously thinking of cancelling my entire account because Virgin Media is outsourcing to people who don't know what the hell they are doing. You do not make changes to a customer's account and then not discuss with them the changes that you have made with the customer that is in breach of my contract with Virgin Media. Yes, Virgin Media can make changes to the billing when they inform their customers that the prices are going up. but to make changes to an account whilst speaking to customer service and then not inform the customer of the changes that you have made could be considered in breach of contract. Please look at the attached image I provided of the PDF that I was sent via email from Virgin Media.

My god if this happened when I worked for NTL back in the day they would have been fired for this. This is making changes to a customer's account without the customer's knowledge and tomorrow if you hear an angry customer shouting at the staff it is me. I will be demanding to speak to a supervisor or a manager because I will be making a complaint to OFCOM about this.

VirginMedia_UnauthorisedChanges..jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

VM has outsourced to people who are incentivised to crank up your bill come what may.

Every sector that has used the same approach has been plagued with sales fraud.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Heyfeydd, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

WIFI max would only be £8 and not £10 per month and also if you are  on an 1GB, Volt or Oomph bundle there wouldn't be any charge for a pod.

Please can you checked your online account for me to see if any discounts are coming to and end or not? 

Please do keep us updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Djburp-23
Joining in

Virgin broke their own agreement with me. They added engineer charges to my bill, that they raised to the highest tariff after my contract had ended, Without notification.  My bank account was literally cleaned out. I was left with no food or heating, for 6 days When I left for breach of contract, they added disconnect fees and other charges, passed the BS debt to a company that ate chasing me for £192. Good luck. I want a day in court. 

The Shadow Chancellor will be written to, as these companies are conning their customers, both in pricing fairly and the outrageous tariffs they will put you on when contacts are ending. 2033 left starving and hungry by these utter ba*tards

Hi Djburp-23,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you bill has increased, and you received no notification of this. We will be more than happy to investigate this matter further for you and see what has happened on your account.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details so I can access your account. Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.