Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I have an issue with the WiFi signal dropping in and out despite boosters.

I have areas in the house where I get no WiFi signal at all also despite having boosters.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have an issue with the WiFi signal dropping in and out despite boosters.

Welcome to Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

if you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is very poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have an issue with the WiFi signal dropping in and out despite boosters.

Are connections stable on ethernet cable connected devices? That is are you sure that disconnections are just a wifi issue and not a VM Network connection problem?  If they are, then as Mike says, that will be best sorted by getting your own better quality wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.