Menu
Hollie1998
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I feel let down from VM

So I’ve had the worst internet for the whole time I’ve had it, it doesn’t reach every room in my house and it’s slow. It worked in my living room so that was okay as I could get what I needed done. Anyway my contract was coming to an end so I decided I wanted to leave, but they convinced me that if I stayed and got a better deal the internet would be better and if not they will send out boosters. 
it didn’t get better, it got worse, I’ve been calling and being on live chat for so long to be spoken to rudely, called a liar as they can’t find anything wrong with my hub and told me to use the connect app which may I add wouldn’t connect to the hub. Point proven? Anyway so I waited and waited for managers to call me back and never did, I called up again and got put on to a manager who was so rude she brought me to tears, she went as far to say that nobody has recorded anything I have spoken about over the last however long. But when I called back they had said everything is on my account. Luckily I recorded all of this. I’ve filed a complaint but I’m still not hearing back about any of this. Not the internet, not the complaints I’ve raised and I’m so debating taking this to OFCOM. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: I feel let down from VM

OFCOM won't care in all honesty.

What is the complaint about?

Virgin do not (and have never, like many ISP's) guarantee wifi speeds or connectivity.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Hollie1998
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They will care when they find out the full extent of what has happened.

ive been paying for services I never actually get to use as it’s not working, they won’t send out an engineer to look at the problem, they have been extremely rude, I’ve had promised broken and I’ve been lied too. I only just got a copy of my contract that they allegedly sent me in February but I never have received it until yesterday. I have now withheld the money used to pay the bill as it’s not working so I am not paying for it. If they cut me off then I don’t care I use my data more then the wifi due to it not working anyway. I’ve racked up a massive phone bill having to call virgin every day for weeks to be spoken to rudely and hung up on when asking to speak to a manager. I’ve been refused help. I have it on a voice record. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Don't stop payments, the only person you'll inconvenience is you.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Abysmal-amp-Non-Existent-Customer-S...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hollie1998
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I told them I am when I first called and they said they understood because I shouldn’t have to pay for something I’m not receiving. 
if they will start calling me and sending me letters then atleast I will get through to them without being fobbed off. I have the money in my account ready to pay when the issue has Been sorted out. I’m not just not paying it to spend it on other things. It’s staying in the account ready to pay when they have sorted my issue.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

But you don't pay for Wifi - you pay for a cabled connection to your home and speeds achieved to the hub and via wired devices only.

Not paying your bill, even one, can lead to the account being cancelled and sold to a DCA.

Also the 0345 number for Virgin is charged at a local rate and is free to call from VM landlines on 150.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Hollie1998
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

• Yeah but I’m not getting the speeds or anything in my home. Hence why I am not paying for it. You wouldn’t go into a shop and look at some milk and buy the milk without leaving the shop with it would you? I don’t have a landline so I have to call the 0345 number. 
    I have already stated that I have told them I am not paying for the bill until the issues are sorted. they wasn’t mad or threaten to cut me off or send it to debt collectors. 
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Have you tested with a wired device with a gigabit enabled adaptor using a CAT5E or better cable?

The operator can say all they like on the phone about not cutting you off etc. but it's automated and will happen.

0 Kudos
Hollie1998
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I’m not bothered if they cut me off, they are not doing anything to help my situation, They won’t even send anybody out to look if there’s a fault with my hub, they are just saying there’s not a issue but there is. I’ve tried everything I’ve even reset the hub and everything it won’t reach anywhere and it’s slow! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Again; have you tested with a wired device with a gigabit enabled adaptor using a CAT5E or better cable?

They won't take Wifi speeds and coverage into account as it's variable and cannot be guaranteed - meaning they won't send an engineer out purely for those issues.

0 Kudos