Menu
Snyperviper
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I cannot log into the router

Around 2pm. I lost connection to my Virgin Media Hub 3.0. Phones and PCs disconnected. I rebooted the router. Cable connected pc, connected within a few minutes. The mobiles and wireless reported there was a password change. I thought that was nonsense and so I power cycled it again but the result was the same. The wireless passphrase has reverted to the default. The wireless and mobile devices are now reconnected to the Internet. But... I wanted to log on to the settings hub page to put everything back but it wasn't accepting my password. I tried the default password (written on the bottom of the hub) but that didn't work either. I then used a pin to factory reset the router. Ten minutes later all the devices can connect to the Internet but I cannot log onto the router with the number written on the bottom of the hub.

I am unhappy with how difficult it has become to report issues to Virgin Media. The phone number  which i used to resolve last time the router no longer allows me to speak to an agent. The final message was 'there is a problem with your Virgin Media hub. Check all your cable connections and turn your router on and off. We have sent a message to your phone for information on what to do if this doesn't work.' All it does is bring me here. This really is a long convoluted route to fix this issue. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I cannot log into the router

Did you do a full 60 second pinhole reset?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Snyperviper
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The first time I used a pin used for needlework. It hurts like the devil when you press it at the eye end of the needle. As such i could only press it in for a few seconds. A drawing pin doesn't work as it's not long enough. In the end  i unwound a paperclip and I held it in firmly for 10 seconds and it did do the trick, so well done 👏 for that. I still can't understand, why the router has sat there for two years and almost forgot it was there and then suddenly, for  no apparent reason, it 'falls over.' 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Snyperviper wrote:

I still can't understand, why the router has sat there for two years and almost forgot it was there and then suddenly, for  no apparent reason, it 'falls over.' 

Blame firmware updates. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos