cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot log into my router

markdoherty71
Joining in

My router did not recognise my password despite me typing in the correct info. 

I then reset the router and I am still being told my original default password taken from the router is wrong. 

I am locked out of gaining access to my router and I want to gain access to reset the user name and password. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A pin hole reset of the hub needs the switch to be held on for 60 seconds and then release. The hub will restart, do not do anything else, do not turn the power off/on. You can check the hubs logs, do not have to logon to do this, and should see entries dated 01/01/1970 which means the hub has been reset. If these are missing the hub has not been fully reset.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hello, I'm having this issue, the password is accepted while connecting to the WIFI network, but the same password when entered is reported was incorrect when trying to log in to the router within pc browser. Where do i get access to check the logs to see if the router resets correctly that you mention in the above post?

thank you

@andysa1966 wrote:

Hello, I'm having this issue, the password is accepted while connecting to the WIFI network, but the same password when entered is reported was incorrect when trying to log in to the router within pc browser. Where do i get access to check the logs to see if the router resets correctly that you mention in the above post?

thank you

It's a different password, displayed on the base of the HUB.

Sample HUB:

Hi @andysa1966 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!
Please use the instructions provided by @carl_pearce and this should allow you to log in to your Hub settings. 

We hope this helps and if you need any more assistance please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Great, thank you 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome, be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs