Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I NEED A NEW ROUTER

I am posting this as I was asked to by your Facebook team. My Internet connection is terrible, intermittent at best, and needs resolving urgently. I have called numerous times, i get told to restart the router and try again, but the connection keeps dropping. Me and my partner are both nhs workers and need this connection to be reliable to support or local hospital, we have had the same router since April 2016, can someone contact me urgently to resolve 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I NEED A NEW ROUTER

What's dropping exactly? Wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
The wireless connection is constantly intermittent, but the entire service also drops out for 20 minutes, now on a daily basis 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does that include wired connections dropping as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, including wired connections. The entire service keeps dropping for 20 minutes with fault lights on the router.

I also have just spent 53 minutes on the phone listening to hold music, for VM to then cut me off

I wish to lodge a formal complaint, can someone in a senior position call me to discuss this urgently, as you aren't allowing me to contact you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Get some evidence like this.

If you haven’t already, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” (as per instructions on the TB website) when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos